About Me

Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Friends

My friend Bethany is coming to visit this weekend...whadda hoooooo! I'm so excited. I have not seen her in three years! Bethany has been my friend since we were 12! I remember going to her house the very first time and her getting mad at me for saying "I"m sorry" too much. Yes...for those of you who have experienced the agony of my apologetic ways, it was a bad habit even back then.

Bethany is one of those friends that you know will be apart of your life forever. My friend Heather is like that too. We've know each other since our very first year of girls camp and have never lost touch! Now that I think about it I've been able to make a few friends like that in every place I have ever lived. High school, college, when Jeff and I moved to Idaho. Amazingly, here in Salisbury (the "armpit of the east coast," as my brother-in-law likes to call it) I have been fortunate enough to acquire one or two "friends for life." I even share a few of Jeff's friends for lifers.

Friends for life are so different from those everyday, ordinary kinda friends. Ya know, those people that you really, really enjoy being around, and even hang out with quite a bit, but if they ever moved, you probably would not keep in much more contact than the occasional Christmas card. I'm not saying those kinda friends are not any less special, or not as "friendly" they just don't quite inhabit the same place in your heart as friends for life do.

I won't go into the specifics of what exactly a friend for life entails, I know you know and I'm sure you have had enough of the gushy forwarded "friend" e-mails to last a life time. But today, I was just thinking how much I love my friends and that even if we cannot talk every day I am thinking of you, and praying for you, and counting the minutes until I get to see you again!

No comments: