About Me

Monday, March 29, 2010

Loosing My Mind???

I think I am going to apply for an early retirement. Is that allowed? My kids don't really need a mommy for 18 more years, do they?

Every once in a while I want to tally up all the craziness that has plagued us since Madeline was born. But really, who is counting? Okay, maybe me, maybe a little. A friend of mine just e-mailed me and said "Life will get better and the medical thing will hopefully only be this years struggle and not next years too." Amen sister! I have not been able to say "At least we have our health" once this year! I suppose I have other "at least's." Like... "At least we have a roof over our heads" and "At least we have food on the table."

Our latest crazy....Emily had a seizure on Saturday. They are not sure why yet. A ct-scan was done and now they want a lot more tests. We are waiting to hear from the pediatric neurologist at John Hopkins. She has been perfectly fine since the seizure and I guess now it is just a matter of waiting. It weirded me out pretty good, you never expect to witness something like that. Life is never what you expect I suppose. We are feeling pretty positive about the whole thing, and know in our hearts she is going to be just fine. It is Emily after all. She is absolutely one of the the most stubborn human beings I have ever met. She will NOT let anything get in her way!!!

What I have learned through all this is something I have always known...family comes first, family is everything. In the midst of our crazy weekend we were able to attend an amazing church conference for the young women, which featured (for a few seconds) my niece Elise....

http://www.lds.org/broadcast/gywm/0,7726,2298,00.html (You have to listen to President Uchtdorf's talk! It might be my favorite General Authority talk of all time! You can see Elise during the video clip parts).

I went with my mom, Cyndi, Elise and Anna. Anna is not 12 yet, but seeing her among other young woman made my heart burst with love and anticipation. It is so exciting to think she will be in Young Women in a matter of months.

The love continued on Sunday when we celebrated with family and dear friends Elizabeth's baptism. It was a beautiful day! The girls sang "If the Savior Stood Beside Me." And Uncle Ben gave a talk on baptism. Our friend's little girl, Camarie Dover was baptized as well, which made it extra special for Elizabeth. Such beautiful girls, such a beautiful decision. I felt very honored to be her mommy and proud of her commitment. It was a perfect ending to a not-so-perfect weekend. So I guess I am not ready for retirement after all....

1 comment:

Leslie Mingo said...

Nicole, I hope things improve and I am thinking about you and your family. Gosh you just can't catch a break. Look on the bright side and say to yourself "at least my house isn't falling apart like Leslie's." and I'll look on my bright side and say "At least I don't have to eat hospital food like Nicole." Although my cooking probably isn't that much better with a broken oven a shocking stove.