About Me

Wednesday, December 03, 2008

Moving On


Is everyone done there Christmas Decorating? I am just getting going. Decorating is not one of my strong points. I wish I could just open a Pottery Barn Catalog, twitchle my nose, blink my eyes, and POOF my house would look like designer Christmas wonderland.

This is my first year I have a fireplace. I was very excited to have a "Christmas" mantle. I like the rustic-country Christmas look. I do not think I have succeeded...any suggestions? What am I missing? It looks so bare. In person the red in the candles is a deeper, closer to burgundy color. And there is a super cute pine cone garland wrapped around the candles. Are the tall flowers stupid? Help!

7 comments:

Leslie Mingo said...

Where are you hanging your stockings?
I like the colors you used. Maybe add some pomegranate to your pinecone garland? I do think you need something with more height in the middle to balance out the tall flowers on the ends. The candles seem small in proportion to everything else. I don't know. Good luck. Look through some catalogs to inspire you. I like to look at Pottery Barn too and then recreate what they have done but on my budget.

Nicole said...

Pomegranates...that's a good idea! I think I've decided the flowers, are too silly, too tall, and totally not me, so I'll keep playing, and see what I can come up with. Blah...I'm so bad a this!

jenny said...

We haven't even started decorating. You are way ahead!

Ginny said...

We have a tree and no decorations. So you're doing good.Love the candles and pine cone wreath. If you are going for rustic country look, the tall flowers make it look more like a cottage theme than a country theme. Just my opinion. And yes, Pottery Barn rocks.

Natalie said...

At least you are decorating, poor Quinn is so annoyeyed with me because I told him that we are painting the living room this Sat after Kaytee's baptism. I didn't want to put the tree up until that was done....my walls are so white and dingy. We'll go buy our real "MAINE" tree as Quinn sais, on Mon.
Your mantle looks good, maybe add some gold or silver. Those colors go well with what you have so far.

Leslie Mingo said...

I put a post on my blog in your honor. I hope it helps.

Bethany said...

You need stockings hung by the chimney with care! Get some cute stocking hangers at Target and hang those things up there :)