About Me

Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Entrepreneur????

Soooo.....with the economy woes, and what nots, the car business has been in the dumps. Which, unfortunately effects yours truly. So I've been racking my brain trying to come up with ideas of how I can help out my family so we don't end up in the poor house. (exaggeration not as big as I wish it was).

Here's one idea...have any of you talented blog readers had any experience with this....?

My sister Cyndi's friend Channon does Heritage Makers....evidently it is huge out west, but VERY new on the eastern front. In fact, she is the only active consultant in the Washington DC, Virginia, and Maryland area.
I have tried other "stay at home-mom" style businesses before, and have always been disappointed, and have actually sworn them off. However, this sounds like a lot of fun. I LOVE PICTURES...and I LOVE WRITING, and I LOVE PEOPLE....
Channon made a book for my niece Claire a few years ago, and I was very impressed with it, and it would be TONS of fun to do things like that.
So what do you think...am I crazy? Any of you westerners ever heard of it??? Do you like it???

p.s. don't worry if I join, I won't push any of you into any uncomfortable "will you have a show for me" moments....I'll set up a separate blog for that...tee hee!

5 comments:

Kelly said...

I have seen a couple of companies like them out here. The products seem to sell well. Just as long as you don't have to invest tons of money....Good luck. So how bad is the car business?

Ginny said...

Sorry to hear about the business. I had never heard of Heritage West, but it looks like it could be fun.

Natalie said...

I have a friend that does Heritage Makers, I think she really likes it. I can give you her blog address if you want to ask her questions. Just a thought.

jenny said...

Hmm, it seems like my dad was doing something along those lines... I am not sure if it is the same company. After Mary Kay, I am just DONE!!! Luckily I have my evenings free so I can work at Michaels to get some extra money... I don't want to get into any other home businesses. But there are some people who do GREAT with that stuff! And where the market is not totally saturated out here, you might do well!!!!

Channon said...

Tell me when you are ready. I need the help. We are getting ready to launch something huge in December that will make the company boom and we have to be prepared for it. I need the help...we are having a huge star promote our product. Call and ask me who!...it is going to be huge because her promotion of products has been huge for several other companies.