About Me

Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Hot, Hot, Hot!

It is hot outside! 91 Degrees to be exact! Too hot for rowdy kids to go out and ride bikes or even splash around in the baby pool. They lasted about 5 minutes before coming in with sweat in their eyes. Thank goodness for DVDs! They decided to have a Star Wars marathon. They want to watch all 5 movies...well, they really want to watch all 6 but we won't let them watch the third one because it is PG-13. I promised Anna I would give her a summary of "Revenge of the Sith" so she will know what happened. It's fun to see them get excited about Star Wars, they were certainly some of my favorite movies when I was a kid. I remember going with all of my Aunts and Uncles and cousins to see Return of the Jedi in the theater.

Life has been so busy lately. Sunday was Father's Day and... me and Jeff's 12th Anniversary. Wow! 12 years. It has gone by faster than I ever imagined. I am so grateful for the blessed life that I have. It was fun to celebrate Jeff on Sunday, as a wonderful husband and a wonderful father. I love him more and more with each passing year and am so happy to know he will be with me and our amazing children for eternity! We were able to celebrate our anniversary last Wednesday. Jeff took me to Ruth's Chris Steakhouse in Ocean City...Ohh La La! What a fancy place. We had the best food I have ever eaten in my life.

This past Saturday I took Anna to Six Flags Amusement Park with her Girl Scout Troop. We had a blast, it was a great mommy-daughter date! Anna was so much fun. She is tall enough now to go on a lot of the rides and we totally lived it up...water slides, the tower of terror and her first official wooden roller coaster (my favorite kind)! She definitely takes after me. We both had lost our voices by the end of the day from all the screaming. I remember when my dad took just me to Bush Gardens for my 9th birthday, it is one of my favorite child-hood memories and I hope Anna feels the same about our trip someday when she is older.

This coming weekend, things won't slow down...My mom and sister are coming so we can celebrate my mom's 50th Birthday. I can't tell you what we are doing because it is a surprise for my mom, but it should be a lot of fun, and I am really looking forward to spending some time with Kym, Cyndi and my Mom. I promise to give a full report next week.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I forgot about your anniversary. Happy Belated Anniversary! The weather is way too hot. And humid. Blah.. I miss spring. Summer came way too fast.