About Me

Wednesday, March 05, 2008

Parting is Such Sweet Sorrow

Lately I have had to say goodbye to quite a few of my very good friends. Apparently people just do not like it here in Salisbury, Maryland. Our good friends Kelly and Mark Johnson moved this past November to Eagle Moutain (I think that is right) Utah. Our good friends Amber and Marty are leaving today for Nevada. My good friend Ethel who is my jewlery making, scrapbooking, sewing, and anything to do with crafts mentor is moving to Florida this summer. And there are 3 other Awesome families that are moving out of our ward at the end of the school year.

If I didn't know any better I would think it has something to do with me and Jeff. But they just seem to all be fed up with Salisbury. To tell you the truth I don't blame them. Salisbury is not the prettiest town on the planet, especially in the winter. It is gray, dirty and ridicuously flat. Not a hill in sight. The only redeeming quality about Salisbury is that it is only 25 mintutes from the Atlantic Ocean, and we LOVE the beach. It is also nice that half of my family lives here. I don't think we'll live in Salisbury for the rest of our lives, but we're stuck here for now and with all of our friends leaving us behind it seems like Salisbury is going to be a lot more dreary place to live.

3 comments:

Ginny said...

We feel your pain, we've been trying to get out of Utah...

jenny said...

I wish we were closer. I am ready to be back in Rexburg!

Tina said...

That really sucks that everyone around you is taking off. I'm sure it's even harder away from UT and ID where the people moving into their homes aren't going to be in your ward. Maybe you guys will come back west. Ha ha