About Me

Monday, February 18, 2008

Emily Lynn

Emily is finally here! I went into labor on Valentines Day and delivered at 12:09 am on the 15th. We thought it would be a ton of fun to have a baby on V-Day, but Emily had other plans, she refused to share her birthday with the world! She weighed 7lbs 10oz and was 19 and 1/2 inches long. She has a ton of blond hair and is as sweet as can be. Her eyes are giant and beautiful and looking blue so far. Most importantly she is healthy and strong and we feel so blessed to have her sweet spirit here with us.

We came home on Saturday and have just loved watching the other kids interact with her. Audrey is in love! She calls her "my baby" and is so soft and sweet to her. Elizabeth is in official big sister mode and wants to do anything she can to help. Poor Dallin has been sick, but he is loving her from afar, and Anna is always amazing and helpful and loves Emily with all her heart.

I am so grateful to be a part of this family and feel truly blessed to have such amazing children and a wonderful husband. Jeff is just amazing. He stays awake with me at night when I am nursing, and he has changed almost every dirty diaper. He has made sure all the kids are fed and dressed, and bathed. He tucks them in and plays with them. And on top of everything he takes care of me too. You couldn't ask for a more dedicated, loving father and husband. I love him very much and am so proud of him. It will be awesome to have him home with me this week.

I promise to post pictures of the baby very soon, and of the new house!

5 comments:

jenny said...

CONGRATULATIONS! I am sooo happy for you! What an amazing fun time!!! I can't wait to see pics!!!

Our Crazy Happy Family said...

CONGRATS!!!!! I am so excited for you and the family and I can't wait to see pics of that beautiful girl!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations guys! Thanks for the blog info and good luck with the little one!

Natalie said...

She looks so sweet...oh I love those newborns! It sounds like Jeff needs a "daddy of the year" award. That is great that he is so helpful, Quinn is the same and I am so blessed. I will remind him to look at your blog and see your cute pictures.
~Natalie

Natalie said...

You guys look great! It feels like it has been forever seeing Anna grown up so much! I miss you tons and feel bad I haven't kept in touch as much. Glad things are well and you both need ten hands since the four of yours combined filled up really quick!
Later- Quinn