About Me

Saturday, August 25, 2007

Funny Dallin...Plus an Overdue Update.

I love children! I really do. At times you think you are going out of your mind because they will not stop fighting or they have just broken your favorite lamp (last week). And then out of the blue they remind you how innocent they are. How precious they are. Yesterday morning Dallin was eating a new kind of cereal and was telling me how good it was.
"Mom, this is great! I love it!" I was pleased that he was actually eating, which has been a chore with him lately. Then a few minutes later he said. "Hey, mom can I have minutes?" Minutes??? I wasn't paying very close attention. "Why do you need minutes Dallin?"
"You know mom, minutes, please can I have some."
I finally replied... "I'm sorry Dallin, I have no idea what your talking about.
"You know, minutes, more cereal, I want some more." It took me a second and then it dawned on me... "Ohhhh.... Do you mean seconds?" "Yes! Seconds, more cereal please." I almost fell over from laughing. It just tickled me that he made such a grown up connection...minutes are like seconds, they are part of a clock.

On a different note, today is a very stressful day. We are having an open house tomorrow for our house...so we have been cleaning, and working like crazy. Jeff finally is finishing the master bath. The tile on the floor looks great! We painted and got a new light fixture, hardware, and towel racks. Jeff is just putting on the new molding now. We also got our carpets cleaned this morning...Yeah! They look brand new.

I am not very hopeful about this open house. Since we've had the house on the market, (6 weeks now) there has been 1 person to come and see the house...1. Our offer on the other house expires at the end of the week, so we are just trying one last ditch effort to get our house sold on time. I guess we'll just pray and put it in Heavenly Father's hands. If it doesn't sell, which I'm pretty sure it won't, I'm not sure what we'll do. I don't know if I can handle trying to sell a house all winter long while I just get more and more pregnant. It has already been hard and I'm only 14 weeks along. I guess we'll see.

I do have one shining, glorious, wonderful thing happening next week. School starts! Monday! Woo Hoo!!! Elizabeth will be in all day kindergarten this year and Dallin is going 1/2 day pre-school. It will be quiet and I am looking forward to being on a regular schedule again. It is hard to believe summer is coming to an end.

Next week we are going on vacation for five days to Williamsburg, VA. It should be amazing. We are staying with some friends in a mansion in Surry, VA. It is called Lightwood. We are planning on going to Jamestown for Virginia's 400th birthday and then spend a lot of time at Busch Gardens and Water Country, USA. I am excited to get away.

No comments: